With “Aaj Ka Arjun” clocking 25 years, megastar Amitabh Bachchan recalled the “tough times” that he was faced with during the shoot of the film because of the Bofors controversy.
The crime-drama was directed by KC Bokadia and during its making the 72-year-old actor was at the receiving end of people, who slammed him for his involvement in the scam.
“‘Aaj ka Arjun’ was producer KC Bokadia’s first film as a director… Dedicated and simple in his living and approach, he took on the film at the moment of a grave situation in my bearings. The Bofors controversy, which was falsely and maliciously accusing my family and me was at its prime. We had
moved courts in London,” Bachchan posted on his blog.
- Happy birthday Amitabh Bachchan: A look back at ‘1975’ and why it was a banner year for the Zanjeer actor
- Amitabh Bachchan on working with Aamir Khan in Thugs of Hindostan: It is difficult to compete with him
- Thugs of Hindostan trailer: Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan face off in this action drama
- Amitabh Bachchan to start shooting for Sairat director’s Hindi debut in November
- Amitabh Bachchan shares set photos from Brahmastra
- Naseeruddin Shah replaces Amitabh Bachchan in Dirty Politics
“The film was under its making during those days, and much like several other projects that I was involved in, was under severe criticism, revolt and with an attitude of non-interest in anything that I was doing… for the country I was a traitor and it reflected in everything that I was working on.”
Bachchan eventually won the court case.
“When we won the court case absolving us of any involvement, the first person that met KC Bokadia, was his distributor to tell him: “Bokadia ji aap ki picture hit hai!” the “Piku” star said.
“Aaj Ka Arjun” also starred Jaya Prada.