Dhanuka Agritech Limited, an Indian agrochemical formulation company, has launched a series of TV commercials featuring megastar Amitabh Bachchan. He is seen as a rural man who guides farmers to use the right products on their crops.
A series of six commercials, created by PUSH Integrated, depicts the farmers’ belief in astrologers and clairvoyants for predicting future cultivation and dependence on God for protecting their crops from destruction.
The commercials portray Amitabh as a rural man who guides the farmers to use products including Dhanzyme Gold, MAX-SOY, Mortar, Sakura and Cover on various crops.
- When Aamir Khan made fun of his Thugs of Hindostan co-star Amitabh Bachchan
- Before Thugs of Hindostan, all the times when Amitabh Bachchan worked with the Khans of Bollywood
- Amitabh Bachchan to pay off loans of over 850 UP farmers
- Happy Birthday, Amitabh Bachchan: 5 lifestyle habits of the megastar that will leave you inspired
- Vinod Khanna’s 72nd birth anniversary: The man from the ’70s who was too good looking to be a villain
- Amitabh Bachchan to start shooting for Sairat director’s Hindi debut in November
Commenting on the new TVC, R.G.Agarwal, Group Chairman, Dhanuka Agritech Limited, said in a statement: “Since decades, the vision of Dhanuka Agritech Limited has been to bring about progressive change in the lives of Indian farmers through dedicated knowledge-driven and development-related activities.
“This new campaign is a further step in educating the farmers on the importance of use of agro-chemicals for a profitable yield.”
He also shared that today’s farmers immediately identify with Amitabh as a style icon. “Bachchan is not only a versatile actor, but also has a high degree of credibility and reliability. He was the perfect fit for Dhanuka and the messages the brand conveys.”