Bachchan, 72, who began the proceedings by singing the National Anthem at Sardar Patel Stadium, NSCI, said he was “honoured” to sing the anthem.
“First day of ProKabaddi… And I sing the National Anthem… first time ever! Honored and a privilege …” he posted on his Facebook page.
- Aishwarya Rai sends Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan ‘love, health and happiness’ on their 45th wedding anniversary
- Amitabh Bachchan to return with Kaun Banega Crorepati 10. Here’s how you can be on the hot seat
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan cheers for hubby Abhishek’s Kabaddi team with Big B and Aamir
- Devendra Fadnavis to Amitabh Bachchan, celebrities laud Pro Kabaddi League on Twitter
- Amitabh Bachchan to sing National Anthem at Pro Kabaddi League opening
- Kabaddi brings Aamir, Shah Rukh Khan together
The opening encounter was between defending champions Jaipur Pink Panthers, owned by Abhishek, and last year’s runners-up U Mumba.
The “Piku” actor thanked Aamir, Riteish Deshmukh and his wife Genelia for attending the ceremony.
“Great turn out of friends at the stadium… Thank you all for coming… Aamir, Riteish, Genelia, and so many others …”
Bachchan also took to Twitter and shared a picture where he is sporting his three Padma Medals.
“The first time ever I wear my Padma medals .. all 3 .. and then switch to cheering Jaipur,” he captioned the picture.