“Alia is a sweet girl. As a newcomer, I did not feel off-track on set. She was very supportive and our chemistry had that easiness. I was protective towards her as an elder sister and just like my character Isha needed to be shown,” Sanah said.
Sanah, who is Shahid Kapoor’s half-sister, added she always wanted to become an actor.
“I knew that I wanted to become an actor since childhood and trained myself to become one. It is my dream…though my parents were very strict about my education and they wanted me to earn my degrees,” she said.
- Shahid Kapoor’s sister Sanah’s second film Saroj Ka Rishta deals with body-shaming
- Shaandaar review: Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt starrer is a blinding mix of everything with nothing of its own to boast of
- Sanah intimidated more by dad than brother Shahid Kapoor
- Mira fits in family very easily, says Shahid Kapoor’s sister Sanah Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt: I was so nervous dancing with Shahid Kapoor that I burst out crying
- Shahid Kapoor’s father Pankaj Kapur: Our daughter-in-law Mira is very beautiful
“After finishing my education, I got a call from Mukesh Chhabra’s office and I went for the auditions of ‘Shaandaar’. When I read the character, I instantly fell in love with the role. That’s how it happened,” she added.
Talking about her character in the film, Sanah said: “My role struggles because she is obese and that makes her slightly different from others. And she starts thinking she lacks something in her life because of her weight issue. And then she gets married. So it is her journey how she copes up with situation and develops as a person.”
Sanah, daughter of Shahid Kapoor’s father Pankaj and Supriya Pathak, also said that she enjoyed shooting for the song “Gulabo” in the film.
“It was an entertaining shoot for me. Bosco is an amazing choreographer. Though I was nervous, but it came out pretty nicely.”
Presented by Fox Star Studios, “Shaandaar”, releasing on October 22, is produced by Dharma Productions and Phantoms Films.