Actor Ali Fazal has been roped in to replace Arjun Kapoor in Soni Razdan’s directorial venture ‘Love Affair’.
The film also stars Kalki Koechlin, Gulshan Devaiah and Monica Dongra.
Confirming the news Ali said, “Yes I have been approached for the part in what I call the wee hours of the movie’s commencement, to replace Arjun Rampal due to some issues.
- Ali Fazal: Time for Indian cinema to explode into the global stage
- Soni Razdan’s directorial venture to go on floors in 2016
- Ali Fazal to star in Spaghetti Western film
- Ali Fazal may miss ‘Fast and Furious 7’ promotions
- Ali Fazal replaces Arjun Rampal in Soni Razdan’s Love Affair
- Arjun Rampal in Soni Razdan’s ‘Love Affair’
“I read the part and said yes immediately, it is a challenging role, so I have already immersed in the looks and costumes of the film because there is very little time to prepare,” the 28-year-old actor said in a statement.
Earlier, Karishma Kotak was set to play the female lead but the film eventually landed in Kalki’s lap.
‘Love Affair’ is about infidelity in marriage. Ali will be playing Kalki’s husband and Gulshan will be seen in the role of her lover.
The film is rumoured to be loosely based on a real life passion crime case.