After Abhishek Kapoor’s ‘Fitoor’, a special appearance with Deepika Padukone in ‘Piku’ and ‘Gurgaon’, Akshay Oberoi has been signed for another interesting project. He will be seen as a parallel lead along with Randeep Hooda in ‘Ye Laal Rang’ based on blood mafia. But that’s not it for the young actor. On the auspicious occasion of Akshay Tritiya, Akshay Oberoi has kick started shoot for his next film, an Indo-Brit production called ‘Bombairiya’ opposite Radhika Apte of ‘Badlapur’ fame.
- Akshay Oberoi wasn’t finalised for role in Aishwarya Rai Bachachan-starrer Fanney Khan
- I didn’t chase stardom, says ‘Gurgaon’ actor Akshay Oberoi
- ‘Delhi Belly’ writer turns actor with ‘Bombairiya’
- Ravi Kishan to play fading superstar in ‘Bombairiya’
- Akshay Oberoi learns Haryanvi for ‘Gurgaon’
- Akshay Oberoi to star in Indo-Brit Film
Interestingly, all his films are completely different from one another. While ‘Fitoor’ is a love story where he’ll be seen romancing Aditi Rao Hydari. In ‘Piku’ he’ll be doing a cameo where he plays Deepika’s date, while ‘Gurgaon’ is a story based on father son relationship, but ‘Ye Laal Rang’, based on a much serious topic- blood mafia he’ll be seen playing Randeep Hooda’s protege.