The 37-year-old mother of one, who will be seen playing a translator in “Singh Is Bliing”, said she still has so much to learn from the “Baby” star.
“Akshay’s range as an actor has become huge. He was already a big superstar when I did ‘Andaaz’ with him, but he has grown more with time.
“We have done so many films together like, ‘Housefull’, ‘Bhagam Bhag,’ but even today there is so much to learn from him,” Lara said during the promotions of “Singh Is Bliing” in the capital.
- Good roles being written for heroines: Lara Dutta
- Comedy heroes do not get their due in industry: Akshay Kumar
- After finishing ‘Singh Is Bliing’, Lara Dutta to shoot ‘Azhar’
- Lara Dutta excited to shoot ‘Singh is Bliing’ with Akshay Kumar
- Lara Dutta’s never seen before avatar in ‘Singh is Bling’
- Akshay Kumar is my role model: Lara Dutta
The former Miss Universe will be seen on-screen after a two year sabbatical, but for her it is not a comeback.
She decided to do the Prabhuddeva-directed film because Akshay, 48, asked her to come on board.
“I am not planning any come back or going away. I did ‘Singh Is Bliing’ because Akshay asked me to join. We had a blast while making. It was like working with family and there is no great thinking behind it.”
The duo share a great camaraderie off-screen as well and the “Chalo Dilli” actress says audience will enjoy there comic timing.
“Me and Akshay share a great timing and bond in real life and that comes alive on screen. Our scenes in ‘Singh Is Bling’ are something which audience will enjoy a lot,” she said.