Akshay Kumar, who is donating a sum of Rs. 90 lakhs to drought-hit farmers in Maharashtra, expresses his reluctance to talk about his charitable act.
In an interaction with The Indian Express, Akshay Kumar said: “I don’t want to talk about. I feel it’s stupidity to talk about these acts. It’s embarrassing to answer all these things. I have never spoken about it. There is not point in me saying something like I was reading the newspaper and a thought struck or something of that sort. There is nothing to talk about it.”
- Gold song Chad Gayi Hai: Akshay’s drunken dance embarrasses Mouni
- Akshay Kumar on Gold’s clash with John Abraham’s Satyameva Jayate: We all are friends
- What makes Akshay Kumar’s Khiladi one of the best murder mysteries in Bollywood
- Akshay Kumar: Commercial cinema can change people’s perception
- John Abraham supports Akshay Kumar on Rustom costume controversy, says ‘won’t be politically correct here’
- Akshay Kumar donates Rs 1.08 cr to martyred jawans: 9 times he helped people in need
It is believed that the plight of the farmers was brought to Akshay’s notice by a top cop. Their plight moved the actor so much that he expressed an immediate desire to help them financially immediately. Akshay’s financial aid will reportedly help 180 families of the farmers who had committed suicide.