After Kangana Ranaut walked out of Sujoy Ghosh’s next film ‘Durga Rani Singh’, there were many speculations as to who would star in the film. However now we hear that the film in all likelihood may feature the ‘Jazbaa’ actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as the lead. In fact the actress who was busy promoting her current release was quoted in an interview that she was doing three films in the near future one being Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, the second which will be the biopic of Sarabjit Singh directed by Omung Kumar and a film with Sujoy Ghosh. Further the actress added that while Sujoy’s film is slated for a later date, he had discussed two subjects with her, namely ‘The Devotion of Mr X’ and ‘Durga Rani Singh’.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone and more: Best airport looks of the week (Oct 28 – Nov 3)
- Aishwarya Rai birthday: Here’s why top filmmakers delight in imagining Ash in period dramas
- Vidya Balan not aware of replacing Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in ‘Durga Rani Singh’
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan confirms she will do Sujoy Ghosh’s two back-to-back films
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Karan Johar’s next
- Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan no place for a pregnant actress in Bollywood?
However, with reports that Sujoy’s ‘The Devotion of Mr X’ may have been shelved, Aishwarya said that ‘Durga Rani Singh’ would definitely see the light of day. Explaining her point, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan further added that though both the scripts were discussed with her, she is clueless about which film she will feature in, since post the discussion she was involved in completing the shoot of ‘Jazbaa’.