“In Bollywood, I think Kajol has beautiful eyes and even Aishwarya (Rai Bachchan) also has beautiful eyes,” Deepika told reporters here at Vogue Eyewear event.
Vogue Eyewear launched the Fashion Story #3 collection dedicated to and inspired by its three new muses, the Indian actress Deepika Padukone, the Brazilian model Adriana Lima, and the Chinese actress Liu Shishi.
“A brand has to be an extension of your personality. I stand for certain things and the brand also has to have certain values like fresh, fun, feminine, versatile,” Deepika said.
“I have been with the brand for the last three years. This year is special as we have Adriana Lima and Chinese actress Liu Shishi on board. We three come from different parts of the world so we have a capsule collection specific to where we come from.”
- Happy Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Rare photos of the birthday girl
- Aishwarya Rai birthday: Here’s why top filmmakers delight in imagining Ash in period dramas
- Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Janhvi Kapoor: Fashion hits and misses of the week (Oct 7 – Oct 13)
- Have you seen these photos of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone and Akshay Kumar?
- Deepika Padukone teams up with Adriana Lima for eyewear brand
- Aishwarya Rai at No 4 , Deepika Padukone makes it to 29 in world’s ‘most beautiful’ list
The 29-year-old actress reveals her mother is her style icon.
“She has had an influence on my life ever since I was growing up. She was always simple, minimalistic, always stuck to whites, blues, pastel shades and even kept accessories to the minimum,” she said.
Deepika is seen as a style icon for the youth.
“It (being style icon) just happened to me by default. I have an amazing team who puts things together for me and makes me look good. I don’t think I can take credit for it,” she added.