“In Bollywood, I think Kajol has beautiful eyes and even Aishwarya (Rai Bachchan) also has beautiful eyes,” Deepika told reporters here at Vogue Eyewear event.
Vogue Eyewear launched the Fashion Story #3 collection dedicated to and inspired by its three new muses, the Indian actress Deepika Padukone, the Brazilian model Adriana Lima, and the Chinese actress Liu Shishi.
“A brand has to be an extension of your personality. I stand for certain things and the brand also has to have certain values like fresh, fun, feminine, versatile,” Deepika said.
“I have been with the brand for the last three years. This year is special as we have Adriana Lima and Chinese actress Liu Shishi on board. We three come from different parts of the world so we have a capsule collection specific to where we come from.”
- These candid photos of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with daughter Aradhya Bachchan are pure gold
- Before IIFA 2018, unforgettable moments from Bollywood’s biggest awards show
- Cannes 2018: Aishwarya, Deepika, Sonam; a look at the awe-inspiring outfits on the red carpet
- Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut win hearts as they walk the red carpet at Cannes 2018
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut and Mallika Sherawat grace the red carpet at Cannes 2018
- Deepika Padukone teams up with Adriana Lima for eyewear brand
The 29-year-old actress reveals her mother is her style icon.
“She has had an influence on my life ever since I was growing up. She was always simple, minimalistic, always stuck to whites, blues, pastel shades and even kept accessories to the minimum,” she said.
Deepika is seen as a style icon for the youth.
“It (being style icon) just happened to me by default. I have an amazing team who puts things together for me and makes me look good. I don’t think I can take credit for it,” she added.