The recent row over the AIB Roast has caused a certain of kind of stir as it has divided the Indian film industry into two halves. One supports the trio involved – actors Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and filmmaker Karan Johar – while the other half is totally up in arms against them.
The Khan trinity, for one, hasn’t really liked what followed. There have been reports that Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan reprimanded good friend Karan Johar over this, with SRK having said that he won’t like ‘to take sides in the controversy’; Aamir Khan went as far as to openly condemn the Roast and called using such expletives in public as ‘perpetuating verbal and emotional violence’.
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh marriage rumours pick up pace again
- Karan Johar’s ‘biggest blockbuster’ features Shah Rukh, Aamir, Ranveer, Deepika, Alia and Ranbir
- Karan Johar on Takht: It is like the K3G of Mughal era
- Even though Aamir didn’t like AIB Roast, I still love him and respect him: Ranveer Singh
- AIB Roast: Karan Johar posts cryptic tweet about ‘silence’
- AIB Roast: Parineeti, Alia, KJo, Sonakshi, RGV vent their ire on Twitter
The latest to join the AIB Roast haters’ list is filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali who apparently is quite miffed with his protege Ranveer Singh.
Ranveer Singh, who touched new heights of popularity with Bhansali’s ‘RamLeela’, is now working again with the filmmaker in the upcoming magnum opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’. Bhansali has expressed his disapproval over the Roast as he found it ‘cheap’ and wanted the stars to conduct themselves as they are expected to.
Seems like the AIB Roast row isn’t ready to die off and the fire is spreading far and wide.