Award-winning films like “Margarita With A Straw” and “Chotushkone” will be screened at the 10th edition of Habitat Film Festival which will also have a retrospective on actor-director Kamal Haasan‘s work.
The 10-day movie gala, to begin from May 8, will showcase best of 48 Pan-Indian movies in thirteen languages.
The festival will showcase Haasan’s hits “Ek Duje Ke Liye”, “Sadma”, “Chachi 420” and “Saagar”.
- Kamal Haasan production starring Vikram is a remake of Don’t Breathe?
- Kamal Haasan’s next production with Vikram goes on floors
- Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam 2 gets off to a rocky start in Tamil Nadu
- Vishwaroopam 2 movie review and release highlights
- Kamal Haasan: I come from an era when cinema was not driven by studios
- ‘Margarita, With A Straw’ opens 10th Habitat Film Festival
Shonali Bose’s highly acclaimed disability drama “Margarita With A Straw”, starring Kalki Koechlin, and Bengali movie “Teen Kahon” directed by Bauddhayan Mukherji will be the opening films.
The festival will provide audiences an unique opportunity to interact with directors in a post film Q and A session.
Celebrities like Koechlin, Haasan, Shoojit Sircar, Ananth Mahadevan, Pushpendra Singh, Bauddhayan Mukherji, Abhishek Jain, Sohini Dasgupta, Atanu Ghosh, Hiren Bhora, Sajin Baabu among others are expected to be a part of the festival.
Apart from film screenings, there will be several other activities like exhibition, book reading and discussion will also take place in the same venue.