Taking a stand against online trolling, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has asked his fans to refrain from abusing and deriding other films and actors on social media.
It seems the triggering point was the usual fan-war between his and superstar Salman Khan’s followers, which was laced with expletives. While the two actors have buried the hatchet, some fans still continue to ridicule them.
- John Cena quotes Shah Rukh Khan, SRK thanks him for ‘spreading the goodness’
- Shah Rukh Khan is all hearts for wife Gauri, shares selfie on Twitter
- Shah Rukh Khan’s sons, Aryan and AbRam, show sibling love in Europe
- Shah Rukh Khan completes 26 years in Bollywood: A look back at Deewana, the movie that started it all
- ‘Will SRK go to Pakistan?’: Shah Rukh Khan gets trolled as cousin Noor Jehan contests elections in Peshawar
- Shah Rukh Khan’s SASSY REPLY to a troll for staying mum on social issues gets a big THUMBS UP!
Shah Rukh, 49, took to Twitter and said that social media gives people the liberty to say what they want but they should not misuse the power to troll others. “On social media you do/say what you feel, free expression blah blah, But will request my people not to deride or abuse other films & colleagues. Not cool.”
Calling the users, who use abusive language as “idiots”, the “Chennai Express” actor further tweeted, “But your life your rules. Am not here to teach manners. But I deal with idiots with sarcasm… (sic).”
Earlier, Salman had warned his fans to stop trolling other celebrities, threatening to even quit social media because of “nasty, ugly, abusive” Twitter fights. “Fan who is on a false identity using it to put another actor, friend, colleague down, is no fan of mine, don’t like…” he had tweeted.