Bollywood veteran Rishi Kapoor, who is sharing the screen space with Abhishek Bachchan for the first time in “All Is Well”, feels the actor has grown out of the shadow of his megastar father Amitabh Bachchan and created his own place in the industry.
Rishi, 62, worked with Big B in films like “Kabhie Kabhie”, “Coolie” and “Amar Akbar Anthony”.
“Habits of both of them (Abhishek and Amitabh) are different and not necessary that he (Abhishek) should copy his (father’s) habits.
“He has made his own identity. This is the first film we have done together and we have done it with honesty. We did our best,” Rishi told reporters here at the trailer launch of “All is Well”.
He plays Abhishek’s father in “All is Well”, which also stars Asin Thottumkal.
“The movie is a modern day Shravan Kumar’s story, where he did ‘char dhaam ki yatra’ for his parents… This is the flavour of the film,” Rishi said.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s latest Instagram photo is all about family love
- 102 Not Out box office prediction: Amitabh Bachchan-Rishi Kapoor film expected to open at Rs 2 crore
- 102 Not Out director Umesh Shukla: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor were like students on sets
- 102 Not Out: Five reasons to watch Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor’s ageless comedy
- Amitabh Bachchan on reuniting with Rishi Kapoor for 102 Not Out: It was glorious
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor’s 102 Not Out: Everything you need to know about the family comedy
Shravan is the name of a mythological character that appeared in Ramayana, who carried his old parents in two baskets each tied to a bamboo pole on a pilgrimage.
Abhishek is seen doing the same in the poster of the film.
“I hope Abhishek and I present you an entertaining film. He is a good actor. I have worked with Asin earlier in ‘Housefull 2’. We had a good time working together,” Rishi said.
Asin, who was last seen in Akshay Kumar-starrer 2012 film “Khiladi 786”, will be seen romancing Abhishek in the movie.
“Looking at the poster of the film, I can say it has been been a beautiful journey. It was a great experience working with all of them,” Asin said.
When asked why she has been away from films for a long time, Abhishek interrupted saying, “She was concentrating on ‘All is Well’,” to which she replied in affirmative.
Directed by “OMG Oh My God” helmer Umesh Shukla, “All Is Well” will release on August 21.