“Shamitabh”, directed by R Balki and featuring megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Dhanush and Akshara Haasan, did not do well.
“I think we got the budgeting wrong… I think the budget was wrong. We made it (budget) too expensive. If it could have been made in a controlled budget, it could have done better,” Abhishek told PTI in an interview here.
- Abhishek Bachchan: Dad (Amitabh Bachchan) nervous about debut as cricket commentator
- Reasons to watch Amitabh Bachchan, Dhanush’s hugely anticipated ‘Shamitabh’
- Amitabh Bachchan on ‘Shamitabh’, turning commentator for India-Pakistan match
- Acting is in Akshara Haasan’s blood: Dhanush
- R Balki’s scripts have always surprised me: Amitabh Bachchan
- I hate producing films: Abhishek Bachchan
The movie is a story of mute guy aspiring to be an actor who gets help from a man with a powerful voice (Amitabh Bachchan). Together they take the film industry by storm, but their egos clash and they drift apart.
Abhishek, 39, plans to produce more films in future.
“We just had ‘Piku’ and ‘Shamitabh’. Scripting of films is going on. The projects are at nascent stage. There is a movie with Amit Sharma (‘Tevar’) which is in scripting phase. These are things that need to grow organically.”
Meanwhile, Abhishek is looking forward to the release of Umesh Shukla’s “All is Well”. His other upcoming films include “Hera Pheri” and “Housefull 3”.
“I have already started shooting for ‘Hera Pheri’ and for ‘Housefull 3’, I will start shooting by August end and it should be done by December. The release will be on June 3 and I hope we stick to those time lines,” he said.
There have been talks about “Dostana 2” but Abhishek insists that it is not happening.
He thinks a sequel to his 2005 hit “Bluffmaster” should be made.
“We would love to (make a sequel to “Bluffmaster”). Riteish Deshmukh (co-actor), Rohan Sippy (director) want to do it but we need to crack the right script for it. Rohan is working on it,” Abhishek added.