Anubhav Sinha is all set to begin shooting his next “Hunkaar”, an action drama-thriller set in the heart of Benaras.
The 50-year-old “Ra.One” filmmaker will also produce the movie slated for 2016 release.
“I’m all geared up as this is the first time I will be shooting in the mystical Benaras. I have always wanted to give back something unique to the place I was born and raised in. ‘Hunkaar’ is a tribute to my hometown.
- Mulk first look: Taapsee Pannu returns to the courtroom, this time with Rishi Kapoor
- Ritesh Deshmukh on Saiyami Kher in Mauli: She fits the character of a fire brand Marathi mulgi
- Ali Fazal promises more fun in Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi
- Abhay Deol’s Manorama Six Feet Under: A film that feels like a good detective novel
- Meet the cast of Anubhav Sinha’s next film Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai
- Conviction, perseverance virtues to make path-breaking movies: Anubhav Sinha
“The roles are very challenging and both Ritiesh and Abhay will do full justice to their respective roles. They both are very intense and emotional actors and I will showcase to the world their true acting prowess with ‘Hunkaar’,” Anubhav said.
The female lead for the project is yet to be finalized.