Hunt had been on for the two lucky ladies who will get to play Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan‘s wrestler daughters in ‘Dangal’. The casting team had a hard time hunting for Aamir Khan’s onscreen daughters for the film. The team almost auditioned 21,000 girls but were not able to sign anyone for the roles.
But, according to a report published in Mumbai Mirror, two fresh faces – Fatima Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra have been finalised for the roles to play Aamir’s daughters in ‘Dangal’.
Fatima is from Mumbai and has acted in a few films and a TV serial and dabbled in photography. Sanya, who is a Delhi girl, is a trained ballet dancer.
- Thugs of Hindostan trailer: Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan face off in this action drama
- Aamir Khan is teaching something more to Dangal girls Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra. See pics
- A look at Dangal girls’ Instagram profile will make you forget Aamir Khan for they are so full of life
- Dangal girl Sanya Malhotra says she is not competitive in real life
- Dangal: Fatima Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra were chosen after audition of 10,000 girls
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ update: Two more actresses finalised to play the younger daughters
‘Dangal’ is based on the real life story of wrestler Mahavir Singh and his famous daughter Geeta and Babita Phogat and the relationship between them.
In an earlier interview, Aamir Khan said, “Dangal is not just a film about wrestling but an emotional journey of a father and his two daughters, which teaches us to empower our girls.”
The director of the film has finalised Fatima and Sanya for the roles who will be seen wrestling on-screen and Aamir Khan, as on-screen father will be coach of the two Phogat sisters.
‘Dangal’ is set to go on the floors in September this year.