Hitting out at erstwhile Congress-led UPA regime over the 2G and coal scams, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said while the Congress was harping on Saradha scam in the current Assembly poll campaignings, it kept mum on the ‘scams’ that took place during UPA tenure.
“They are talking about corruption and Saradha scam. But what about the extent of corruption during their time (UPA’s tenure)! Of Coal gate scam and 2G scam! They should not talk much,” Banerjee said during an election rally here in Hooghly district where elections will be held on April 30.
“For the entire five years, you won’t find them when you need them (Congress). They will come only during elections They are (migratory) birds who come only during elections,” the Trinamool Congress chief said.
- West Bengal Congress chief calls Mamata Banerjee a chameleon, says she is hankering after PM post
- Mamata Banerjee should stop dreaming about being PM: BJP
- BJP is led by ‘Talibani Hindus’, will not cross 150 in Lok Sabha: Mamata Banerjee
- Mamata Banerjee says Trinamool Congress planning meeting of Opposition leaders in December
- Karnataka election results 2018: Congress could have fared better if it had pre-poll alliance with JD(S), says Mamata Banerjee
- Karnataka Assembly election results 2018: Congress-JD(S) alliance would have changed outcome, says Mamata Banerjee
Banerjee said the Congress-CPI(M) alliance will not get even 20 seats after the results were announced, alluding to the claims by CPI(M) state secretary that the said alliance is moving towards 200 mark after the fourth phase of the polls.
Talking about the prospects of BJP in Bengal, Banerjee said BJP has done nothing for Bengal even after it got two seats from the state in the last Lok Sabha polls.
“The BJP has done nothing for Bengal, they only keep saying no development has taken place in Bengal. But what you yourself had done after coming to power at the Centre. You
secured two seats from here, but still you did nothing,” Banerjee commented.
In a dig at the opposition she said, “After elections neither BJP nor CPI(M) or Congress come to look after people, they only come during polls.”
Banerjee also accused the BJP of adding fuel to the fire on the movement for separate state of Gorkhaland and Coochbehar.
Claiming the opposition alliance of making inflated claims due to pampering from some quarters, Banerjee said, “Some people are pampering them and they are getting pampered.
Some are saying they will get 200 seats. But when the election results get announced you will see they have received not more than 20 seats.”
The TMC will form the next government with two-thirds majority,” she said.