Two days after Captain Vijayakanth’s DMDK sealed an alliance with People’s Welfare Front (PWF), the coordinator and leader of the alliance, MDMK’s Vaiko, alleged that both DMK and BJP had offered crores to Vijayakanth to join their alliances. His allegation invited a defamation notice from DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Friday.
- DMDK-led third front draws a blank, Vijayakanth defeated
- Tamil Nadu polls: Vijayakanth, Vaiko leave BJP with lonely battle to fight
- DMK chief Karunanidhi sends legal notice to MDMK’s Vaiko over bribery claim
- Vijayakanth still keeps Tamil Nadu guessing about polls and his future
- Vijayakanth meets Tamil Nadu bigwigs, to lead delegation to PM
- MDMK Gen Secy Vaiko meets Alagiri, seeks support
Vaiko alleged that the DMK had offered Rs 500 crore and 80 seats to Vijayakanth to join their alliance. Saying the BJP had been desperately trying to get Vijayakanth, Vaiko said it had promised enough money besides a Rajya Sabha seat and a post of central minister to the Captain’s party.
A senior DMK leader said they had sent a legal notice to Vaiko for making false charges to forge an alliance.