WBCHSE West Bengal Board HS 12th Result 2021 Updates: The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education declared the HS or class 12 results today. The results were declared via a press conference at 3 pm. Students can check their results at the official websites- wbchse.nic.in and wbresults.nic.in.
The result can also be accessed via SMS. Students have to SMS WB12 registration number to 56070, 5676750 or 56263. The results will be available on websites, SMS, and apps only after 4 pm.
West Bengal government had announced the cancellation of class 10 and 12 results due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the state. A special evaluation criterion was formed to calculate the class 12 results this year.
A total of 86 were among the top 10, and the chart was topped by a girl from the minority community who hails from Murshidabad district and secured 499 marks out of 500, West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) president Mahua Das said.
Of the 8,19,202 candidates who were slated to appear for this year’s class 12 board exams, 97.69 per cent have passed, Das said, adding that the pass percentage was 97.70 each among boys and girls.”A total of 3,19,327 examinees got first division marks or more than 60 per cent. This is a bit lower than last year,” she said.
Das said that 9,013 candidates got the O grade (90-100 per cent marks) as compared to 30,220 last year. Similarly, 49,370 students got the A plus grade (80-90 per cent marks) as against 84,746 last year. “Though the number of students getting the O and A plus grades is significantly lower as compared to last year, the number of B plus grade (60-69 per cent) recipients has increased to 1,65,186 from 1,10,265 last year,” she said.
The number of students getting A grade (70-79 per cent) has slightly dipped to 95,758 from 96,825 last year, Das said. A total of 99.28 per cent of the students in the Science stream passed the examinations, while the pass percentage was 99.08 per cent for Commerce, and 97.39 per cent for Arts candidates.
The marksheets will be distributed to the schools from 52 camp offices of the council from July 23 onwards.Das said that some schools had sent last year’s class 11 results a year later in June 2021 and there were many inconsistencies, while marks awarded by some institutions were unusually high.
“We could have withheld these results but considering the future of the students, our experts evaluated the answer sheets of class 11 final exams and awarded the marks,” she said.
If any school or candidate is unhappy with the result, the head of the institution will have to approach the local office of the council.
As per the special criteria, students will be evaluated on the basis of the 40:60 ratio. The top four highest-scoring subjects in class 10 examinations will be given importance along with class 11 annual exams. Class 10 scores will be given a 40 per cent weightage and the rest of the 60 per cent will rely on class 11 finals and class 12 practicals and theory.
In 2020, a total of 6.80 lakh students cleared the 12th HS examination with a record pass percentage of 90.13 per cent. The topper scored 99.80%, however, a merit list was not released last year.