EVEN AS the University of Mumbai claims to have declared all results by Tuesday, several students said their results were still held in reserve. Others said there were mistakes in their marksheets and hence, they could not complete their admission process for higher studies.
Amey Malshe, an LLB student who had launched a hunger strike earlier this month to protest the delay, said even as his result was declared, there was discrepancy in the marksheet and the statement issued from the college.
“The marks are different on the marksheet and the statement I received from my college. Some of my friends have also found errors in their marks. Others are yet to get their results,” said Malshe, adding that at least 30 students were yet to get their results.
Rajendra Bhat, another law student, said his result has been held in reserve since August. “We had approached the university last week and the authorities assured us that the results will be out in six days. But till now, my result is in reserve. Since the university is shut for Diwali, there is nothing we can do now. We will approach the authorities again Monday,” said Bhat.
A media student who did not want to be named said even as some results were out, there was no clarity on admissions to the post-graduation courses. “There is a lot of confusion. The dates were extended but most seats are already occupied,” he said. The university authorities, however, said that the withheld results were declared and some of the re-evaluation applications were pending. On Tuesday, the results of 2,300 students, which were in reserve, were declared. These students were granted average marks, as decided by the Board of Examinations.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines