November 11, 2017 12:33:37 pm
Times Higher Education on Saturday released the world university rankings for the subject of Life sciences and Stanford University has grabbed the top position among all institutions around the globe. The University College of London, Princeton University, Harvard University and Duke University have got the top five ranks in life sciences among institutions across the globe.
Although no Indian institute took its place among the top 100 in the world, many in the country fell in the rank range of 200 to 500. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has secured its position at the top in the 201-250 rank band. It secured rank 14 in the overall ranking among BRICS countries and rank 27 among Asian univerisities.
IISc is closely followed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay in the 251-300 band and Aligarh Muslim University and IIT Delhi in the 301-400 band.
Here are India’s top ten universities in life sciences according to Times Higher Education:
1. Indian Institute of Science
2. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
3. Aligarh Muslim University
4. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
5. Annamalai University
6. University of Calcutta
7. University of Delhi
8. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
9. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
10. Panjab University
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.