The HRD Ministry will confer national-level award to 100 schools which have taken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the ‘Swachh Bharat’ campaign.
According to the guidelines of the award — ‘Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar’ 2016, all government schools in both rural and urban areas are eligible for it.
100 schools each at elementary and secondary level will be awarded at the national level (30 urban and 70 rural), while many more schools will get state-level and district-level awards.
- NEET 2018: CBSE may approach SC against Madras HC judgment
- Swachh Survekshan award: Chandigarh Mayor, municipal commissioner receive honours
- ‘Government school teachers can directly send nominations for National Award,’ says Prakash Javadekar
- Delhi Confidential: Special Request
- Swachh Bharat Summer Internship: HRD invites applications, website to launch on April 25
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar: Last day to apply at swachhvidyalaya.com
Schools will be rated on yardsticks like availability of water, clean toilet, handwashing with soap, operations and maintenance, behaviour change, capacity building, as per the guidelines, and on the basis of these criteria, schools will be given ratings, officials said.