The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016 (Tier-I) on Sunday May 8 and 22, 2016. If necessary, the Commission will conduct exam on subsequent Saturdays/Sundays, in different batches, for selecting candidates for Tier-II examination.
SSC will conduct these exams to fill up different categories of posts in various ministries/ departments/ organisations. The last date to apply is March 14 (by 5 pm). For part-I registration, it is March 10.
- SSC CGL paper leak: SC asks CBI to file final report within four weeks
- SSC CGL Tier II Exam 2017: Marks uploaded at ssc.nic.in, available till July 10
- SSC CGL Tier II 2017: Results declared at ssc.nic.in, Tier-III exams on July 8
- SSC CGL exam 2016 postponed: Check official notification
- SSC CGL 2016: Know everything about the exam
- SSC CGL exam 2016: Registration date extended, check new dates
Steps to download the SSC CGL application form
Go to the official website
Click at the link ‘Exam notice – CGL exam 2016’
A new page will open
Take a print out
Eligibility: Most jobs require Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university or institute. For some jobs, 60 per cent or above is needed.
All women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee, as per extant government orders.
The examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below: Tier -I — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) Tier -II — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) Tier -III — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
To know more about vacancy list, eligibility and syllabus, click here.