The second year PUC chemistry paper in the new syllabus has been cancelled due to leakage of question papers, the Department of Pre University Education said here tonight.
The department said in a release that the date of re-examination would be communicated in due course.
A comprehensive investigation was on to identify the source of the leakage and a complaint had been filed with police.
- Steps in place to check recurrence of CBSE paper leak: Prakash Javadekar
- Karnataka PUC 2nd results 2018 declared, 118 PU colleges score 0
- CBSE Class 12 Economics re-exam tomorrow: No new admit card to be issued, says CBSE
- Paper leak: Plea in Supreme Court against CBSE move to conduct re-exams
- CBSE Class X, XII papers leaked: Over 20 lakh students have to retake exam, dates to be announced soon
- Karnataka pre-university Chemistry paper leak: 40 officers suspended, re-exam on April 12
As a preliminary step to conduct a fair and impartial enquiry, the Chief Superintendents and Joint Chief Superintendents, entrusted with supervision of conducting the exam at SASM PU College for women, Gandhinagar, Bellary and Government PU College, Malur in Kolar district, were suspended with immediate effect.
Alternate arrangements have been made in these centres to conduct the examination from tomorrow, it added.
For more news on education, click here