NTA NEET 2021 Result Updates: J&K’s LG congratulates NEET topper Tanmay Gupta
NTA NEET 2021 Result Updates NEET Result 2021, Cutoffs: Mrinal Kutteri has secured AIR 1, followed by Tanmay Gupta at rank 2 and Karthika G Nair and AIR 3. NTA has also sent the scorecards to students via email. The result is now available at neet.nta.nic.in.
While AIR 1 has been shared by three candidates, a total of 12 candidates are sharing AIR 5 and 21 have achieved AIR 21.
Like previous years, females continue to outshine male candidates in terms of qualifying the exam. This year, a total of 4,94,806 females have cleared the exam while the number of successful male candidates is 3,75,260.
The qualifying marks range this year has dropped from 2020. While the qualifying marks range or cut-off for the general and EWS category had been set at 720-138 as against 720-147 in 2020, the cut-off for OBC, SC and ST came down to 137-108 from 146-113 in 2020.
Similarly, the qualifying marks range for general/ EWS PwD candidates is 137-122 as against 146-129 in 2020. This year’s qualifying marks ranges for OBC PwD SC PwD and ST PwD candidates is 121-108.
Candidates who have scored more marks than the cut-off are eligible to participate in the 15 per cent seats under the all India quota (AIQ). The AIQ seats will be filled based on NEET 2021 rank and as per the statutory regulation of MCI/NMC/DCI. For the admission to the remaining 85 per cent of seats, the states shall conduct individual counselling.
NTA NEET 2021 Result Updates: How to check scorecard at neet.nta.nic.in
Counselling for the medical courses will be announced after the NEET-UG 2021 results are declared. (File photo)
To qualify NEET UG 2021, candidates have to score a minimum percentile score in the exam. This minimum score or cut-off score is 50th percentile for general and general – EWS category candidates, 40th percentile for the SC / ST / OBC candidates, and 45th percentile for the PWD candidates. NTA will also prepare the All India Rank list based on NEET 2020 marks. Counselling will take place based on the rank list.
The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.