ADMISSIONS To first-year degree colleges in the city will soon begin and the cut-offs for the same were announced on Saturday. Even as higher cut-offs were expected this year as students across all boards had scored well, no sharp rise in the cut-off percentages was noticed in most colleges.
The cut-off at St Xavier’s College for Arts stream was 98.2 per cent for non-HSC open category students, 1 per cent higher than that of last year. For HSC board students, the same is 92.31 per cent, slightly up from last year’s 92.15 per cent.
Admission to Science stream will close at 90 per cent for biology students and 93 per cent for non-biology students, both 1 per cent lower than last year. “We have received applications from three students with 100 per cent marks, one for Arts and two for Science. The cut-offs are slightly higher as there are many high scorers,” said Agnelo Menezes, principal, St Xavier’s College.
- DU 5th cut-off 2018 released at du.ac.in; seats available in North, South campus colleges
- Mumbai FYJC admissions: 1.2 lakh students allotted seats in first round; cut-offs higher than last year
- DU cut-off 2018: Commerce, Science stream cut-off details
- DU cut-off 2018: Arts stream cut-off for English (Hons), Political Science and other BA courses
- DU Admissions 2018: Cut-offs released at St Stephen’s, 98.75 per cent is highest
- Race for FYJC admissions to begin, students brace for higher cut-offs
At Ramnarain Ruia College, the cut-off for the Science stream increased from last year’s 78.7 per cent to 80 per cent this year. For Arts, the cut-off increased from 90.92 per cent to 92.2 per cent.
At KC College, the admission to BA courses will close at 89 per cent, 2 per cent higher than last year.
“The cut-off for BCom is 93.40 per cent,” said Shobhana Vasudevan, principal of RA Podar College of Commerce and Economics.
Cut-offs for the Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) are different for students of different streams. While for Commerce students, the cut-off is 93.54 per cent, the same for Science students is 78.77 per cent and for Arts students is 72.92.
At St Xavier’s College, the cut-off for BMS is 78.64 per cent. BMS for Commerce students had the highest cut-off at KC College at 95.24 per cent. For Arts and Science students the cut-offs are 92.6 and 92 per cent respectively.