The number of applicants, who registered online for admission to undergraduate courses of Delhi University swelled to over 3 lakh on June 15.
“Total number of registrations till 6 pm were 3,03,879 of which 1,84,810 have already paid the fee,” DU Registrar Tarun Das said.
“The number of female applicants are 92,413 while the number of male applicants are 92,387. Ten candidates from others category and 911 from PWD category have also applied,” he added.
- DU Second Cut-Off 2018: Over 5,000 take admission after second cut-off’s release
- Delhi University entrance exam 2018: Admit card out at du.ac.in
- DU admissions 2018: Maximum applicants from Delhi, first cut-off on June 19
- DU admissions 2018: Over 3 lakh applied, registration ends tomorrow
- DU admissions 2018 begins today, first cut-off on June 19
- DU admission: Application deadline extended till June 22
This is for the first time that the university has introduced completely online admission procedure for UG admissions unlike previous years when it used to be both online and offline.
The online registration process began on June 1 and will continue till June 19.
The first cut-off list will be announced on June 27 and unlike previous years, the varsity will release only five cut-off lists.
The university is also mulling extending the deadline till June 22 and release the first cut off on June 30. However, no final decision has been taken yet in this regard.
For more news on education, click here