Updated: July 28, 2016 12:22:04 pm
On first day of the admission process, the Delhi University received 39,000 applications for over 60,000 seats in various undergraduate courses.
Those who have not applied yet, here are certain things you need to know about the admission:
1) Get the Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) forms from Delhi University’s website — http://www.du.ac.in.
3) Make the payment through Internet banking.
4) Once the cut-off list is out, log into the registered account and check whether you have made it to the cut-off list
5) Select the desired combination and then take a print out of the admission form.
6) Report to the college with the application form. Remember to carry all the original documents with their photocopies.
7) An acknowledgement will be given to the candidate.
8) Pay the fee online and key in the acknowledgement number.
General category: Rs 100
SC/ST: Rs 50
Sports/ECA: Rs 100
Steps to register for DU UG courses 2016
Visit the official website
Go to the right bottom of the front page of the portal
Enter your name, email address, create password and mobile number
Once registeration is done, a verification email will be sent on your email account with a confirmation link.
Click to confirm the registration.
Log on to the UG admission portal to fill the online registration form by clicking “Apply Now”.
The registration form is divided in eight sections. Fill each of these sections.
Then click on save. In case you need to correct/ rewrite some details, click on edit.
In the upload section: a) Upload self-attested passport photo and scanned signature b) Self-attested copies of Class 10 Board certificate c) Self-attested copies of Class 12 mark sheet d) Self-attested copies of reserved category certificates e) Self-attested copy of sports and extra curricular activities certificate f) Make payment online
For the first time
1) The university has introduced completely online admission procedure for UG admissions
2) 5 per cent seats reserved for Kashmiri migrants
3) Students applying as children of war widows will be admitted through counselling.
June 19: Last day of online application
June 30: First cut-off list to be out by 9 am
July 5: Second cut-off list
July 11: Third cut-off list
July 15: Fourth cut-off list
July 20: Fifth cut-off list
August 16: Closing date of admission
Note: In case, seats in colleges remain vacant, students will have to register themselves again through the DU portal and then select the course and college.
For more news on admissions, click here
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines