To promote sports among students, the Delhi government has decided to provide them training at its schools in several sports and games starting next month.
The decision was taken at a recently-held meeting of Delhi Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at the Secretariat here.
An government official said the Education department has prepared a list of 29 sports clubs and academy which will be engaged for the task.
“The sports training of students will begin in government schools from July 4. Best trainers will be hired for the same so that students get encouraged towards the sports.
- National Sports University: LS passes Bill to set up varsity in Manipur to train athletes
- SAI selects 734 athletes for Khelo India scholarship
- Minister promises new sports policy for Punjab
- To improve learning, writing ability of students, Gujarat to launch campaign
- Football Training For Under-10 Girls: At three NDMC schools, 90 girls take a small step to enter a big playing field
- Delhi govt invites sports clubs academies, to train students
“We are in the process of selecting some sports academy and clubs,” the official further said.
He also said the games in which training will be given include table tennis, martial art, boxing, cricket, chess, kho-kho.
For more news on education, click here