In order to promote research and training activities related to higher education and to facilitate mutual sharing of available academic resources, it was decided to register the Chandigarh Region Innovation and Knowledge Cluster (CRIKC) as a society.
Panjab University (PU) Vice Chancellor Professor Arun Kumar Grover will be taking over as the President of the CRIKC Society.
The decision was taken at the general body meeting of the CRIKC members at Panjab University on Saturday. Director of PEC Dr Manoj Arora has been elected as the Vice President of the society.
- Pakistan High Commissioner visits PU: ‘Academics can bridge gap between two nations’
- V-C asks PU faculty members to share innovative ideas to help save Sukhna Lake
- Birmingham, Chandigarh varsities to study cancer
- International Yoga Day: 3,000 take part at Panjab varsity
- Australia open to ties with Panjab University
- British delegation visits PU, seeks tie-up
The society will work for the promotion of collaborative academic events, promotion of inter-institutional fellowships amongst CRIKC institutions, promotion of scientific temper amongst students, researchers and the society at large.
The society will also work to interface with governments for promotion of research and higher education. It would work on promoting and sustaining various scientific technologies, theoretical studies and policy research or planning for excellence in research and gradually strive to expand to other areas.