The 13 rank holders in Arts and Science streams of Bihar Board today appeared before an experts team for authentication of the marks obtained by them in the wake of a media expose pointing fingers at their merit.
Ruby Rai, the infamous Humanities topper who pronounced Political Science as ‘Prodigal Science’ and described it as a subject related to cooking in a video, did not make it to the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) for the test, BSEB Chairman Lalkeswar Prasad Singh told PTI.
He said Ruby’s father had sent an application stating that she was under “depression” and so could not turn up.
- Bihar Board result 2018: Why BSEB hit headlines in past two years?
- Bihar exam scam: SIT arrests ‘fake topper’ Ruby Rai’s father
- Bihar toppers scam: Another former BSEB secretary arrested
- Day after retest, results of ‘toppers’ cancelled in Bihar
- BSEB 2016 results: 13 toppers of Class XII Bihar boards take retest
- Bihar Board: 14 Class 12 toppers of Arts and Science to reappear for test tomorrow
“She has gone outside for treatment for her mental depression prior to the publication of the board’s advertisement which asked her and other 13 rank holders to appear for the test on June 3,” the Chairman said.
In the application, Ruby’s father sought more time for her appearance.
“She will prove her ability once she recovers,” he said in the application.
Nand Kishore Yadav, Deputy Director of Bishun Rai College, where the student had studied carried the letter to the board.
Both Ruby and Science topper Saurabh Kumar hail from Bishun Rai College in Bhagwanpur in Vaishali district which is in the eye of a storm after the media expose. Some news channels had earlier shown the girl, who topped the state government’s plus two examination in Humanities,purportedly pronouncing ‘Political Science’ as ‘Prodigal Science’ and describing it as a subject related to cooking. Similarly, the boy who topped Science stream was purportedly unaware of electron and proton.