A day after he was served a showcause notice to explain irregularities in evaluation in Bihar Board Class XII exams and his handling of the controversy over the toppers in the aftermath, Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) chairman Lalkeshwar Prasad resigned Wednesday.
In a related development, Shail Kumari, who was superintendent of an examination centre where students of the controversial VR College had written their papers, has been detained.
- Bihar Board 10th result 2018: A week before Matric result, 42000 answer sheets missing from Gopalganj
- Bihar Board 10th result 2018 to be declared on June 26 at biharboard.ac.in
- Bihar Board 12th result 2018: How to apply for scrutiny; register at biharboard.ac.in
- Bihar Board 12th result 2018: Over 17% increase in pass percentage
- Bihar BSEB 12th results 2018 declared at biharboard.ac.in, Kalpana Kumari tops the exam
- Bihar BSEB 12th Results 2018 declared: Check Inter result at biharboard.ac.in
CM Nitish Kumar was reportedly peeved at Prasad deciding on his own to set up a judicial panel to probe alleged bungling in the results without consulting the government. After the controversy over the results, the state Education Department and BSEB were at loggerheads. The Education Minister set up a three-member panel comprising the department’s officials, while BSEB formed a judicial commission to look into the issue. The CM overruled both decisions and set up an SIT.
Patna SSP Manu Maharaj said Shail’s name figured in the list of accused, which includes four toppers, three of them from VR College. In all, 12 accused face a case of cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy. BSEB has already cancelled the result of two toppers.
For more news on education, click here