scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Ambedkar University seeks 100 per cent in five subjects, from students

The university’s Kashmere Gate campus, which has 245 seats, received 15,823 applications; the new Karampura campus received 10,954 applications.

Written by Shikha Sharma | New Delhi |
Updated: July 8, 2016 6:15:31 am
Ambedlkar university, 100 oercent cut-off in colleges, Ambedkar university 100 percent cut-off, five cources 100 percent cut-off in Ambedkar univeristy, DU, Delhi university cut-off, latest news, India news This year the Ambedkar University received thrice the number of applications over last year for its various undergraduate courses.

Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) released its first ‘merit-cum-cut-off list’ Thursday, and did what even the Delhi University didn’t this year , set the bar at 100 per cent for five subjects. The cut-off for students from the commerce stream is 100 per cent for five Honours courses — Sociology, Psychology, History, English and Social Sciences and Humanities.

This year, the university has seen a staggering 173 per cent increase in the number of applications. It received 26,777 applications for its undergraduate programmes this year- a substantial increase from 9,778 applications last year.

Read also: Number of applications up, Ambedkar University decides to release ‘merit list’

“The 100 per cent requirement is only for students who are not from NCT, because a lot of students from outside the city have secured 100 per cent in the best of four subjects. We also expect many students to opt for other universities, so the second list is likely to see the cut-offs slide,” said Professor Sanjay Sharma, dean, student services.

[related-post]

Watch Video: What’s making news

The percentage requirement for students from the National Capital Territory (NCT) is comparatively lower. For example, while the cut-off for English Honours, one of the subjects most in demand, has been set at 92.5 percent for students from Delhi who studied Arts in high school; it is 95 per cent for students who are from the same stream, but not from NCT. Similarly, the cut-off for BA Honours in Psychology is 93 per cent for NCT students, compared to 95 per cent for non-NCT students.

Ambedkar Univ

Last year, the university had set a 100 per cent cut-off for students who had applied for BA Honours in English, BA Honours in Psychology, BA Honours in Sociology and BA Honours in Social Sciences and Humanities.
This year, the university also has a new campus at Karampura, which has 200 seats, bringing the total number of seats to 445.

The university’s Kashmere Gate campus, which has 245 seats, received 15,823 applications; the new Karampura campus received 10,954 applications.

Ambedkar University reserves 85 per cent seats for students from Delhi and the remaining 15 per cent seats for students from outside Delhi.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement