Dr Anand Rai, one of the main Vyapam scam whistleblowers who blew the lid off alleged irregularities in the conduct of Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday.
“We are meeting everybody who is in opposition, as our work is anti-establishment. For the last eight months, the CBI has done nothing and the investigation in the Vyapam scam is stagnant. He (Kejriwal) is a prominent leader and we wanted somebody to take this up on the national level,” said Rai.
The meeting at Kejriwal’s Flagstaff Road residence lasted 45 minutes, he added.
- Arvind Kejriwal off for 10-day diabetes treatment, IAS meeting on hold
- In show of unity, four non-BJP CMs throw weight behind Kejriwal; Delhi CM’s dharna continues
- Sit-in protest enters Day 4: Arvind Kejriwal now writes to PM Modi, asks to help end strike
- Toothbrushes, mattresses and files for Arvind Kejriwal as L-G office sit-in enters day three
- Arvind Kejriwal, ministers stage sit-in at LG office
- CCTV camera issue: CM Arvind Kejriwal, colleagues sit on ‘dharna’ near L-G office
Rai, who serves as a medical officer in the Madhya Pradesh government, said he told Kejriwal about the work he had undertaken.
“We told him about the corruption that is prevalent in MP and the illegal amassing of property by government officials, which we will soon bring to light.”
Rai said he had met Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi earlier and drawn their attention to the Vyapam scam.
“I too have been an RTI activist in MP since 2004 and our association with Arvind Kejriwal is not new. We have known each other for a long time. We have approached leaders of different political parties so that nobody accuses us of being any party’s agent,” he added.
Rai posted a picture with Kejriwal on Twitter after their meeting and posted, “Had an excellent meeting with CM delhi @ArvindKejriwal at his residence.” Kejriwal retweeted him.