Fire breaks out at Noida’s Spice Mall, no injuries so farhttps://indianexpress.com/article/delhi/major-fire-at-noidas-spice-mall-fire-tenders-at-the-site-5938160/

Fire breaks out at Noida’s Spice Mall, no injuries so far

The reason behind the fire is said to be a short circuit in the building and firefighters are presently deployed to douse the blaze and evacuate people.

Major fire at Noida's Spice Mall, fire tenders at the site
Fire at Noida’s spice mall in Sector 25A (Photo: ANI)

A fire broke out at Noida’s Spice Mall in Sector 25 Monday as smoke was seen billowing out of the building’s top floor. Several fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flame. People have been evacuated from the building by the fire officials and no injuries have been reported so far.

A police official informed reporters that the cause of the fire wasn’t a short circuit as speculated earlier, but it is possibly because of the grease accumulated in the kitchen chimneys of the restaurants which caused a fire. The official explained that the grease inside the chimneys has a tendency to cause flares, which possibly triggered the fire.

The official added that at present the smoke is being ventilated out of the building and the fire has been controlled.

 

(This is a developing story; more details awaited)