The eleventh edition of Conquest, BITS Pilani’s International Startup Conclave, concluded on Sunday. The event brought together India’s budding startups on one platform to compete with each other for the title. The event was partnered by The Indian Express and was held at ITC Sheraton.
The startup ‘Swagene’ was adjudged the winner while ‘Gamezop’ came second. While Swagene offers genetic diagnostics for healthcare treatment outcomes, Gamezop is a social network for casual games that chooses best games for users and allows playing without downloading.
- Maharashtra govt to rope in private players for teleradiology
- Google wunderkind is building a secret social-gaming startup
- IT networking major Cisco to launch incubator for startups in Kerala
- Huddle Kerala startup conclave: Star attraction is robot that cleans manholes
- Healthcare sector sees 88 funding deals over $397 mn in 2016
- Moving forward: Women entrepreneurs bring medical aid at your doorstep
Talking about the Startup Challenge, CEO of Conquest 2015 Srikanth Garimella says, “We feel proud and reinvented with ideas we saw at ‘Conquest’, while also providing startups with a perfect launchpad. We are very happy to see the culmination of a year’s hardwork end on such a high note in the presence of this huge gathering of investors, entrepreneurs and students from across the country.”
The top 50 startups were selected from among 1,400 registrations after a month-long period of evaluation. These startups were shortlisted to attend the networking sessions in New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai.