Updated: September 10, 2021 8:52:21 pm
THE DELHI High Court in an order has told Google, Youtube, and Delhi Police’s Cyber Cell that it expects them to take necessary steps to remove the sites and links carrying “objectionable photos and videos” of a woman from the internet before September 16.
The court said this while hearing the woman’s petition seeking directions for removal of the content, including sexually explicit or morphed photos of her; de-referencing of her name from the search engines, and blocking of the sites, which under pseudonyms are displaying pornographic content. Justice Subramonium Prasad said that it was not an adversarial litigation and directed Youtube and Google to file a reply within a week.
The counsel representing Youtube had earlier told the court all the URLs, which have been provided to it by the petitioner, have been removed and 10 channels have been blocked so far. However, the counsel representing the woman disputed the submission. The Centre assured the court that it will take necessary steps for removal of the sites and links from the internet.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.