The process of verification is on. Of the 1.48 lakh applicants verified,831 have been rejected
As the SP government in Uttar Pradesh is set to launch its ambitious scheme of unemployment allowance on September 9,a total of 4.44 lakh people have applied for the allowance from across the state and 88,962 of them have been found eligible so far.
Among the 1.48 lakh applications taken for verification so far,831 applications have been rejected as the applicants did not fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Officials said verification of applications was taking time because entry of data from applications to the computers was being done manually. On-line application facility would be launched very soon and then the clearance of applications would become faster, said Anil Kumar,Director,Employment and Training.
The state government has set the target to benefit 9 lakh unemployed youths under this scheme. But despite three relaxations in the eligibility conditions,number of applicants has reached 4.44 lakh only when more than 20 lakh unemployed persons are registered in different employment exchange offices across the state.
To increase the number of beneficiaries,the government reduced the age of eligibility for unemployment allowance,simplified the application form and waived mandatory provision of submitting an affidavit. Earlier,the age limit was 30-40 years but the government amended it to 25-40 years.
The government has also simplified the application form and now applicants would not be required to give details of movable and immovable assets. The clause of taking work from beneficiaries was also removed from the rules on August 13.
With every relaxation,the daily submission of allowance applications increased. After the last relaxation made on August 13,the number of applications had increased to around 9,000 across the state in a day, said an official. Currently,the government is receiving around 11,000 applications every day.
Among the candidates found eligible till July 31,around 10,000 would receive cheques for Rs 2,000,which is allowance for the months of August and September,from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in Lucknow where the scheme would be launched officially. These beneficiaries will come from seven districts,including Lucknow,Hardoi,Lakhimpur,Rae Bareli,Sitapur and Unnao.
The Directorate of Employment and Training and Lucknow district administration are busy in making arrangements at Colvin College ground for the ceremony and 200 buses are being engaged to take the beneficiaries to the venue.
The state government has made a provision of Rs 1,100 crore for the scheme in the current financial year budget. Around Rs 25 crore has been allocated for administrative expenses. Around Rs 300 crore has already been released for the distribution of allowance. Sources said that around Rs 2 crore would be required to organise the launch ceremony in Lucknow. The Directorate has demanded the government to provide separate funds for the districts where other ministers will distribute the cheques after September 9,they added.