A fire which broke out at cricketer Sreesanth’s Kochi residence Saturday, the hall and a bedroom of the house was gutted in it. The incident took place on the ground floor of the Edapally residence at around 2 am.
At the time of the incident, the cricketer was not at home which led to a panic situation for the family however, no injuries were reported.
Read this story in Malayalam
His wife, children and two house help were home on the first floor when the fire broke out. The team of firefighters who reached the spot rescued the family by breaking-in the glass door on the first floor of the house through the stairway.
Neighbours had informed the local— Thrikakkara and Gandhinagar— fire stations and police control room after noticing smoke coming out of Sreesanth’s residence.
More details awaited.