CHIEF MINISTER Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday attended an Iftar party hosted by Kolkata Municipal Corporation at Park Circus Maidan. The event, attended by the top brass of Trinamool Congress, also saw Bangladesh Deputy High Commissioner Zokey Ahad.
Those present at the event included Mayor Sovan Chatterjee, MPs Sudip Bandopadhyay and Sultan Ahmed and minister Firhad Hakim.
- Amit Shah rally HIGHLIGHTS: Why is Mamata Banerjee protecting Bangladeshi infiltrators, asks BJP chief
- When LK Advani praised Buddhadeb Bhattacharya and Mamata Banerjee hit Left on Bangla illegals
- BJP takes out rally demanding NRC implementation in West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee meets Rahul, Sonia Gandhi: ‘Who becomes PM is not important’
- Mamata likely to meet Sonia Gandhi, invite her to federal front rally in Kolkata
- Kolkata: Visva Bharati University breaks tradition, invites Mamata Banerjee to dais
Mamata, meanwhile, went on to inaugurate the Minority Bhavan on Biresh Guha Street from Maidan itself.
Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan Masjid, Syed Md Nurur Rahman Barkati, described Mamata as the “most honest chief minister of the country” and the “only alternative for the people of Bengal”.
“She is the most secular and honest leader of the country and we want her to become the Prime Minister. I will go to Delhi later and hold rallies, urging people to give her an opportunity to become the PM,” he added.