Talking tough against the activities of mafia gangs, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday assured protection to officials initiating action against such elements.
“I agree that there should be security given to initiate action against such perpetrators and demands made by officials to weed out the mafia be it land or sand,” said Fadnavis at the concluding session of the two-day divisional commissioner and collectors’ conference held in Pune.
Stressing on transparency, he said that the officials will be given full freedom for such work and the government will back the individual completely.
- Devendra Fadnavis informs that 93 per cent land acquired for Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway
- Devendra Fadnavis: CDPQ, Bombardier keen to invest in the Maharashtra
- Canadian company to be part of Visit Maharashtra tourism initiative
- Congress, NCP instigating farmers, says Devendra Fadnavis
- Want ‘earn while you learn’ scheme for agriculture students: Devendra Fadnavis
- Four days after no-confidence motion was suspended, Panvel civic chief transferred
“The person can directly contact us and in a particular situation can even sms us in any particular situation,” said the Chief Minister addressing the packed hall of divisional commissioners and district collectors all over the state.
On the issue of enforcement of the Right to Service Act without enough staff, the Chief Minister said that even as there is less staff this cannot be an excuse as it is time that technology is used for for the same.
“There is a need to change the mentality for delivering services. Shortage of staff cannot be cited as the excuse to not deliver. Even as I agree that there are some key positions vacant in the revenue department, use of technology for services should be taken up. The mentality should change as it is not affordable. With the seventh pay commission coming up there will be additional burden on the state to the tune of Rs 10,000-15,000 crore and we as a state need to find other alternative and technology should be used where it can be used and make it function to deliver the services,’’said the Chief Minister.