TWO persons were killed in two separate accidents in Nana Peth and on Mumbai Bangalore highway near Balewadi, on Tuesday.
The first accident took place Tuesday morning, when a speeding car, ran over a 65-year-old pedestrian, Dashrath Dhondiba Shinde. Shinde, a resident of Balewadi Stadium quarters, had just stepped out of his home for some work.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. Police said that they were in the process of identifying the driver of the car.
- Mumbai: Nine hurt as student loses control of car
- Chandigarh: ‘City roads accident prone during day hours’
- Mumbai-Pune Expressway: Five killed as speeding tempo rams into them
- Gurgaon hit-and-run: Speeding dumper rams into bike, four of a family killed
- Seven people killed in separate accidents in West Bengal
- Pune: 3 two-wheeler riders among 5 dead in separate accidents
In the second accident, a 58-year-old man who was riding his moped, was hit by a speeding autorickshaw at Shivpratap Chowk in Nana Peth on Tuesday afternoon. Police have identified the deceased as Gajanan Suresh Bhilare, a resident of Guruwar Peth. He fell down from the moped after it was hit by the rickshaw and sustained severe injuries, leading to his death.