A 21-year-old engineering student who allegedly consumed poison on Saturday after her exam result,died at Sassoon Hospital on Monday. Yerawada police have registered a case of accidental death. Police said Sayali Satish Jagtap,a resident of Ramwadi in Yerawada,was a third-year student of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in a private college in Lonikand.
Sayalis father Satish Jagtap,a sub-inspector with Solapur police said,She came back from college on Saturday and consumed poison in the bathroom. We rushed her to hospital. We later came to know that she had failed in her examination.
Senior inspector Kishor Jadhav of Yerawada police said,Investigations have revealed that she had consumed a pesticide.