Updated: February 8, 2015 11:48:52 am
The state education department has finally come out with the schedule of admission for the 25 per cent quota reserved for students belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society under Right to Education Act, 2009.
Last year the online system for admission was introduced in the cities of Pune, Mumbai and Panvel. From this year, the online procedure will be implemented across many more corporations in the state.
There will be a first round for school registration and the next will be for form filling after which the dates of lottery will be announced. The education department made clear that there would be no extension given to schools or parents in dates as the dates were being declared well in advance.
The school registrations will start first on a pilot basis in Nashik. “We were facing an issue of different age groups. Uniform age across boards will be applicable from next year. This year, we have asked all schools to specify age limit while they register names of students in the software. This will help the parents as whenever they enter the details of their ward while filling forms, the child will be assigned to the schools nearest to their houses as per their age,” said Mahavir Mane, director, primary education.
In Nashik, the school registration will be conducted from February 9 to14 and online form filling will be from February 16 to 28. In Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan-Dombivali, Bhiwandi-Nizampur, Ulhasnagar, Mira-Bhaynder, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Amravati, Latur, Aurangabad and Kolhapur, the school registration process will begin on February 16 and continue till February 21.
Online form filling will be conducted from February 23 to March 7 in these cities.
Moreover, this year, help-centres will be kept open even during weekends so that parents belonging to economically weaker sections, who cannot leave even a day’s work, can avail the facility on holidays.
“List of help-centres and verification centres along with list of required documents will be given on the website rte25admission.maharashtra.gov.in which will be soon operational. While the parents can apply online, they will have to visit the help centres, once, so that all documents are verified and there are no problems further,” said Dinkar Temkar who is deputy director of primary education, Maharashtra.
Talking about the reimbursement that is yet to be received by private schools under RTE, Mane said that a proposal of Rs 26 crore had been sent to the state government.
The government has also asked the Centre to give its 65 percent share in the RTE reimbursement. So, from next academic year (2015-16), the fee-reimbursement amount of 65% would be given by central government and the remaining would be given by state government, said Mane.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.