Pune: Worker’s death by electrocution Contractor booked for negligence

Police have identified the private contractor as Dilip Maruti Hanamghar (35), a resident of Dattanagar society in Warje.

By: Express News Service | Pune | Published: September 15, 2016 2:33:40 am

The Pune city police have lodged an offence against a private contractor in connection with the death of a worker due to electrocution while installing a board displaying information of an immersion procession of a Ganesh Mandal in Popular Nagar area of Warje on September 11.

Police have identified the private contractor as Dilip Maruti Hanamghar (35), a resident of Dattanagar society in Warje. Police said that a Ganesh mandal in Warje had hired this contractor for installation of its boards displaying information about the immersion procession.

As per the instructions of the contractor, a worker, Bharat Sakharam Kadam (30), was installing the board using wooden bamboos when he came in contact with an wire connected to an electric pole nearby, around 6 pm on September 11. Kadam died on the spot.

Police sub-inspector S V Nimhan initiated a probe in this case. Police said that the probe revealed negligence by the contractor. So police have booked Hanamghar under Section 304 (a) of Indian Penal Code.

Start your day the best way
with the Express Morning Briefing

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement