Follow Us:
Monday, April 06, 2020

Pune: Three of a family injured in cooking gas leak explosion, 6-month-old girl critical

The family had moved to Pune recently. Fire brigade officials said due to the explosion, a lot of newly bought objects were destroyed and the room's roof was blown away.

By: Express News Service | Pune | Updated: January 27, 2020 5:47:29 pm
Pune news, pune cylinder blast, 3 injured in cylinder blast, indian express According to the Pune fire brigade, the incident took place between 7.45 am and 8 am in Sambhaji Nagar.

Three persons of a family, including a six-month-old girl, were injured in a cooking gas leak explosion in Kharadi area of Pune on Monday morning.

The baby is said to be in a critical condition.

Police have identified the injured as Shankar Bhavale (28), his wife Asha (26) and their daughter Swarali. The cylinder exploded when Asha tried to ignite the gas burner.

According to the Pune fire brigade, the incident took place between 7.45 am and 8 am in Sambhaji Nagar.

Fire Officer Subhash Jadhav said, “Prima facie, it looks like an explosion due to gas leakage. The family had moved to Pune from Nanded recently and had got the gas connection only yesterday. The cylinder might have been faulty and leaking for a while. It exploded when Asha Bhavale tried to ignite the burner to heat water. Due to the explosion, a lot of newly bought objects were destroyed and the tin roof of the room was blown away.”

Jadhav said while all three are injured, the baby has sustained the most injuries, with 60 per cent burns.

Fire brigade officials said Shankar works at a construction site in Kharadi.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement