NCP SUPREMO Sharad Pawar was at his witty best at the launch of Dr Sharad Hardikar’s book on spine and knee exercises in Pune when he joked about his various experiences — his cancer treatment, heart operations and other surgeries.
“Whenever anything happens to me anywhere in the country, I’ve one specific order — take me to Pune or Mumbai,’’ said Pawar. He steered clear of any political comments at the event while stressing that the medical fraternity should address “patient comfort levels” in a treatment.
Recently, he was flown to Pune after a health scare in Kolhapur. “Once a doctor tried to scare me by saying that I’ve got less time and I should take ‘important decisions’. I joked with him saying that after 30 years I’ll definitely do it for you,” he added.
- BJP MP says Christians did not contribute to India’s freedom; Congress, NCP hit back
- Sharad Pawar: BJP invoking Emergency to hide its failures
- People will defeat BJP-RSS agenda to change Constitution: NCP chief Sharad Pawar
- Sharad Pawar’s politics dangerous, disrupting society’s harmony, says Shiv Sena
- PM Narendra Modi assassination plot fake, says Congress
- Devendra Fadnavis slams Sharad Pawar for ‘threat letter card’ remark
He was the chief guest of the book launch event of Dr Hardikar along with S B Mujumdar, Founder and President Symbiosis Society and Dr Ajay Chandanwale, Dean BJ Medical College.
The book is on spine and knee exercises, which comes along with a kit written by Dr Hardikar. On asking Dr Hardikar about the book, the doctor said he wanted to help people with his 40 years of knowledge and hence he wrote the book.
He expressed concerns over the “dwindling number’” of “dedicated students” in the medical fields and is all set to release his autobiography in December.