scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, July 30, 2021

PMC to administer 5,300 Covishield doses in 18-44 age group on June 23

Mayor Murlidhar Mohol said the free doses of Covishield vaccine for those above 18 years will be given at 53 government centers with 100 in each center.

By: Express News Service | Pune |
Updated: June 23, 2021 9:43:20 am
The civic body began inoculating all the citizens above 18 years of age with Covaxin doses from Tuesday. (File photo)

After the Maharashtra government declared free Covid-19 vaccination to all above 18 years of age in the state, the Pune Municipal Corporation will administer Covishield vaccine doses to 5,300 local residents above 18 on Wednesday.
The civic body began inoculating all citizens above 18 with Covaxin doses from Tuesday and administered 1,500 doses with 100 each at 15 centres.

“The PMC has made all necessary arrangements for implementing the government decision to inoculate all above 18. The city is leading in vaccination and free vaccines for all those above 18 will further strengthen the fight against Covid-19 in the city,” said Mayor Murlidhar Mohol.

He said free doses of Covishield vaccine for those above 18 will be given at 53 government centres, with 100 doses available in each centre. A total of 70 per cent doses at each centre would be for those who had reserved slots via online booking while the remaining 30 per cent would be through on-the-spot registration. The bookings will begin at 8 am on Wednesday.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement