- FIFA 2018 World Cup Final: Putin shows he's the boss, gets an umbrella while others get drenched
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 LIVE UPDATES: amazon.in best smartphone offers on iPhone X to OnePlus 6 and Samsung Note 8
- Should the Army have taken Rahul Gandhi along while carrying out surgical strikes, asks Manohar Parrikar
“It is very good to have research work patented. But it is not sufficient unless the research is converted into manufacturing a product,” said Abhijit Lahiri, Senior Vice President, Tech Mahindra, Pune. Lahiri was delivering a speech as the chief guest of the inaugural function of e-PG Project Exhibition 2016 organised by SPPU & MAEER’s MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE), Pune.
Lahiri said, “Postgraduate students are intelligent enough to do research work which is very new in this field. But the process doesn’t stop here. It is a long journey with so many obstacles to reach the research to the market. Otherwise, it would just remain as an academic work without any outcome.”
“Though we are engaged in Information Technology, we try to take care that the candidate should be placed in his field of expertise,” Lahiri added.
- Bappi Lahiri: The Man With the Golden Touch
- Anirban Lahiri finishes T-9 at Travelers Championships
- World Music Day: Bappi Lahiri releases new international track ‘We Are One’
- Rested Anirban Lahiri returns to action at Traveler’s Championships on PGA
- Shubhankar Sharma joins Anirban Lahiri on PGA Tour this week
- Shubhankar Sharma, Anirban Lahiri will be in focus during run up to 2019 Presidents Cup
Prof Mangesh Karad, Secretary & Executive Director, MAEER’s MIT Group of Institutions, said, “Our institute is busy in developing entrepreneurs by guiding them about the procedure and outlook. If a student comes out with a bright idea, we convert him into a businessman. We have established Technology Business Incubator (TBI) for this in our institute.”
Dr Milind Acharya, Executive Director, Milman Thin Film Systems Pvt. Ltd., who was the guest of honour, said, “A scientist is doing research work in the corner of a laboratory. But he never thinks about how his invention is made useful to the society. This is because he has not been taught about it. Students also should know primary functioning regarding things around them by coming out of the sphere of the syllabus.”